posted Saturday Jun 12, 2010 by
Apple claims to be changing the game again with their new iPhone 4 which recently made its debut at the
2010 World Wide Developers Conference that took place June 7th-11th. Jobs had a lot to say during his lengthy keynote where he first started off talking about the iPad before getting to the star of the show, the iPhone 4. Below are some notes that will help summarize the latest and greatest iPhone according to Steve Jobs.
- .37 in thick making it the thinnest smart phone ever.
- Two steel bands encompass the sides of the frame and serve to amplify the phone’s antennas enhancing Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GSM while providing structural support.
- The new design of the phone is a little squarer than the previous models, which makes it feel less like the previous iPhones. (I think it more closely resembles the G1 now, which is funny.)
- The external buttons consist of On/off, Sleep/wake, Volume up/down, Ring/silent, and Home.
- The new "Retina display" is supposed to make viewing text and photos as clear to the eye as is possible.
- 800:1 contrast ratio.
- 3.5in. (diagonal)widescreen, Multi-Touch display.
- 960x640 pixels, 4 times more than 3GS.
Hit the break for the rest of the new and exciting features!
After months of rewriting and rethinking the way the site works and feels, we are pleased to announce a complete relaunch of PLuGHiTz Live! We have put a lot of work into this project and we hope it makes using the site easier and more enjoyable.
The biggest changes come in the Radio pages, where you will be able to see a lot more information about who we are and what we talk about and even listen to the episodes all in one convenient location. We have also added an Events section which contains all information about special events, such as
International Consumer Electronics Show, Electronic Entertainment Expo and of course Florida SuperCon!
Also, check out the revamped site for
The UpStream where you can follow the news as it happens on your phone, computer or iPod with a convenient RSS feed. We also encourage you to get involved and comment!
We would also like to welcome our new sponsors, the Microsoft Store and Sirius|XM Radio! We look forward to a long partnership with all 5 of our site sponsors!
We want to hear your thoughts and feelings on the new site. Feel free to comment here in the comments section or contact us through any of our Staff profiles. We hope that with this new site and your loyal support that we can make our upcoming Season 4 of
PLuGHiTz Live! Radio a huge success!
You may recall an article we wrote back in December stating that PBS, the people who brought you Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and Barney would be airing
Video Games Live for 90 minutes, which will debut July 31. In case you aren't familiar with what VGL is, it is essentially an orchestra entirely dedicated to playing your favorite video game themes, with a classical twist.
If you're planning on tuning in, you can check out the trailer posted after the jump to see what you're in for, or read this press release to see what games the orchestra will be sampling during its performance.
Hit the break to see a video for the event and read part of the press release.